WHETHER you believe in astrology or not, star signs can be fun to follow.
If you're born between late November and December, you are probably a Sagittarius, they tend to be travel-loving extroverts, but who are they most compatible with?
What are the Sagittarius horoscope dates?
If you're born between November 23 and December 21, then you're a Sagittarius.
The dates for the zodiac signs are:
- Capricorn: December 22 – January 20
- Aquarius: January 21 – February 18
- Pisces: February 19 – March 20
- Aries: March 21 – April 20
- Taurus: April 21 – May 21
- Gemini: May 22 – June 21
- Cancer: June 22 – July 22
- Leo: July 23 – August 23
- Virgo: August 24 – September 22
- Libra: September 23 – October 23
- Scorpio: October 24 – November 22
What does the Sagittarius star sign mean?
Sagittarius is ruled by Jupiter, and is a fire sign.
They are inquisitive, energetic, and philosophical and are the most travel-loving out of all the signs.
They have a great sense of humour, love the outdoors, and thrive on change.
A Sagittarius's strengths include spontaneity, open-mindedness, while being adventurous, optimistic, intellectual, energetic and generous.
However, they can sometimes be too outspoken, and say things no matter how undiplomatic, and can also be impatient.
Other weaknesses include carelessness and over-confidence, as well as sometimes being inconsistent, easily bored and tactless.
What signs are compatible with Sagittarius?
A travel-loving Sagittarius should pair with someone equally spontaneous who loves the outdoors.
- Aries – both are fun-loving signs who love socialising, adventures, and new challenges. They are also both naturally optimistic, making a harmonious, positive relationship
- Aquarius – Aquariuns are inventive, and they both thrive on change and variety. They're also both interesting people, who love in-depth discussions
- Leo – both are free-spirited and love adventure, and they’re compatible in the bedroom too as they have similar sex drives, making for a pleasurable relationship
- Taurus – those with a Taurus star sign tend to stick close to home, which will clash with an adventure loving Sagittarius
- Capricorn – Capricorns are practical, and may feel like they have to take responsibility for a Sagittarius partner
- Virgo – Virgos need security and commitment, and can be too perfectionist for a flighty Sagittarius
What celebrities are Sagittarius?
- Miley Cyrus
- Rita Ora
- Brad Pitt
- Ashley Benson
- Nicki Minaj
- Taylor Swift
- Winston Churchill
- DJ Khaled
- Tina Turner
- Scarlett Johansson
What are the new Sagittarius star sign dates according to Nasa?
According to space agency Nasa, there have always been 13 constellations rather than 12.
The 13th constellation is named Ophiuchus and is part of the Sun's path in the sky.
But the use of Ophiuchus would change the dates of all star signs included on the Zodiac, including Sagittarius
The inclusion of the 13th constellation would mean Capricorn's specific dates move from the original date of November 23 – December 21, to a new position of December 17th to January 20th.
However, it would move from its place of the 9th sign on the zodiac wheel to a new place of 13th.
Most astrologists have Ophiuchus out of the zodiac wheel, a calendar that places star signs in the earth's four seasons. This is because signs are based on seasons rather than the constellation themselves.
The inclusion of Ophiuchus changes the dates of all other star signs.
- Capricorn: January 20th to February 16th
- Aquarius: February 16th to March 11th
- Pisces: March 11th to April 18th
- Aries: April 18th to May 13th
- Taurus: May 13th to June 21st
- Gemini: June 21st to July 20th
- Cancer: July 20th to August 10th
- Leo: August 10th to September 16th
- Virgo: September 16th to October 30th
- Libra: October 30th to November 23rd
- Scorpio: November 23rd to November 29th
- Ophiuchus: November 29th to December 17th
- Sagittarius: December 17th to January 20th
Where does the Zodiac come from?
The Zodiac is the term used to describe the circle of 12 divisions of celestial longitude that are centred upon the path of the sun.
The 12 divisions share the names we know as our star signs.
The term zodiac derives from Latin zōdiacus – meaning "circle of animals".
Throughout history, the zodiac has been used to predict or echo characteristics of personality.
When is International Astrology Day?
Astrologers around the world celebrate their love of the stars on March 20 which is considered the start of the astrological year.
Former president of the International Society of Astrological Research Gisele Terry told Astrology Hub:
“Astrology is truly a global language.
“We are all under the same sky. Sharing both our common and diverse perspectives on how we relate to the stars is the gift of International Astrology Day.”
Source: Read Full Article