Sex and the City stars saddened as they break silence over Chris Noth allegations

Sarah Jessica Parker, Kristin Davis and Cynthia Nixon have broken their silence over claims of sexual assault against their former co-star Chris Noth.

Last week, three women accused the 67 year old, who recently reprised his role of Mr Big for the Sex And The City reboot, And Just Like That, of assault – which he has vehemently denied and branded a "complete fabrication".

And on Monday, the beloved comedy-drama's three leading stars released a joint statement in support of the women who have come forward against Chris.

"We are deeply saddened to hear the allegations against Chris Noth," the short statement began.


It was continued: "We support the women who have come forward and shared their painful experiences. We know it must be a very difficult thing to do, and we commend them for it."

Last week, two women – who used the pseudonyms Zoe and Lily – accused the actor of sexual assault. One claimed she was assaulted in 2004, while the other was in 2015.

The two women's allegations were published in The Hollywood Reporter, where they detailed their encounters with Chris.

In the wake of the allegations surfacing, Wisconsin-born Chris denied them and branded them as "categorically false".

"The accusations against me made by individuals I met years, even decades, ago are categorically false," Chris said.

"These stories could've been from 30 years ago or 30 days ago — no always means no — that is a line I did not cross. The encounters were consensual. It's difficult not to question the timing of these stories coming out.

"I don't know for certain why they are surfacing now, but I do know this: I did not assault these women."

Days later, a 30 year old Canadian woman alleged that Chris groped her while she was working as a waitress in a restaurant at 18.

"I tried to make him stop, but he wouldn't. I was humiliated," the technology executive, using the pseudonym Ava, claimed of the incident, alleged to have taken place while she was working at Da Marino restaurant in New York in 2010.

She alleged to The Daily Beast that she went to the office at the end of her shift to pick up her wages and found Chris there as if they had "intentionally snuck off together clandestinely".

"He was kissing my face and trying to make out with me. I thought I was very clear, telling him 'no'. But he was so large and so drunk, and I felt so trapped. He was pushing me up against a desk," Ava alleged.

Ava added that her hands hurt the next morning from "how forcibly she was pushing him away".

After convincing him they would have sex elsewhere, Ava said she fled the restaurant.

Chris has denied the third woman's allegations.

A rep for the actor told PEOPLE: "The story is a complete fabrication, and the alleged accounts detailed throughout read like a piece of bad fiction.

"As Chris stated yesterday, he has and would never cross that line."

Since the allegations against him, Chris has been dropped by his Talent agency A3 Artists and his role on the crime drama series, The Equalizer.

For more showbiz updates, sign up for OK!'s daily newsletter here.

Source: Read Full Article