BUTLINS is closing until mid-April due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The company is shutting down all three of its UK resorts in Minehead, Bognor Regis and Skegness from March 20 until April 16.
The company announced its decision following a statement by the Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab yesterday, that Brits shouldn't travel anywhere outside the UK for at least 30 days to stop the spread of coronavirus.
The news will be a blow to holidaymakers, with the sites usually full over the Easter holidays.
A message to customers said: "We know how disappointing this will be for all those guests who are booked to stay with us during this time but hope that they will understand why we have made this very difficult decision.
"The safety and wellbeing of our guests and our teams must be our first priority at this unprecedented time."
All guests affected by the closure will be contacted, with priority given to those those who were booked to travel within the next 14 days.
They added: "The situation is being closely monitored and we ask guests to keep an eye on our website and social media feeds for updates.
"We would like to apologise to everyone for this disruption and thank our teams for their support. We look forward to welcoming our guests back to enjoy our renowned Butlin’s hospitality when we reopen."
The closures come just 24 hours after Center Parcs announced that it was closing until April.
Guests who are currently at the park are allowed to stay until the doors close on March 20.
Earlier this week, the EU said it would ban all external travel for a month to try to stop the spread of the virus – along with countries around the world, leaving millions stranded.
This weekend, TUI also announced that it was suspending hotel stays, package holidays and cruises until further notice.
CORONAVIRUS CRISIS – BE IN THE KNOW
Get the latest coronavirus news, facts and figures from around the world – plus essential advice for you and your family.
To receive our Covid-19 newsletter in your inbox every tea time, sign up here.
To follow us on Facebook, simply 'Like' our Coronavirus page.
The German-based tour company said it was suspending most of its operations and applying for government help in light of the deepening coronavirus crisis.
Travel has decreased sharply as more and more countries apply tough new restrictions to limit the spread of COVID-19.
Italy, Spain and France are all on lockdown in an effort to curb the alarming rise in new coronavirus cases and deaths.
Source: Read Full Article