Champion jockey Pierre-Charles Boudot 'permanently banned' from racing amid rape allegation | The Sun

CHAMPION jockey Pierre-Charles Poudot has reportedly been 'permanently banned' from racing amid an ongoing rape allegation.

The French 2019 Arc de Triomphe winner, 29, denies a charge of raping a woman at a party in Cagnes-sur-Mer, France, last year.

Boudot has not raced since May 8 2021 after the public prosecutor in France said he had been indicted for 'acts of rape likely to have been committed on the night of February 17 to 18, 2021'.

A France Galop statement today said: "Suspended from May 14 after his indictment for a case of morality, Pierre-Charles Boudot will not be able to resume the competition.

"The jockey had his authorisations withdrawn from the Ministry of the Interior."

Le Parisien reported that a computer and several mobile phones belonging to Boudot were seized by cops.

They report that 'images of a sexual or pornographic nature' were found on the devices.

Boudot was initially banned for three months from May last year.

Read More in Racing

Can you spot 999-1 winner who landed punters £14,000 after being written off?

Meet the £160million horse worth more than Erling Haaland and any footballer

But this was extended to six months in August and again a further six months in February this year.

Previously commenting on the case, Boudot's lawyer Florence Gaudilliere said: "Pierre-Charles Boudot's determination is greater than ever.

"He categorically denies the charges."

Boudot's biggest win came on Waldgeist in the 2019 Arc but he has landed winners at Royal Ascot too.

He won the 2019 Coronation Stakes on Watch Me and the 2020 Queen Elizabeth II Stakes on The Revenant.

Boudot is a three-time champion jockey in his native France.

Source: Read Full Article