Chelsea 1 Man Utd 0: Sam Kerr strike secures Blues' fifth Women's FA Cup as world record set in front of Prince William | The Sun

SAM KERR sent Chelsea fans into delirium as her strike dashed Manchester United's hopes of an FA Cup upset at Wembley.

The striker’s ritual of eating a pre-match pasta sandwich before every game certainly paid off with the Blues sealing a 1-0 victory. 

And Kerr's finish led to her scoring in a third Women's FA Cup final on the bounce.  

The Australia ace’s lethal finish, in front of a record crowd of 77, 390 – and Prince William, saw the Blues lift the trophy for the third year in a row after being under the cosh early on in the duel.

And it boosts their hopes of sealing a domestic double with a mammoth London derby duel with Arsenal up next on Sunday. 

Last Sunday Emma Hayes chided her side’s slow start against Everton before they hammered the Toffees 7-0. 

And they were almost caught cold with United, making their first FA Cup final appearance, flying out the traps with a goal 23 seconds in the game. 

However Leah Galton’s finish was chalked off with the forward flagged as offside. 

Buoyed by that start, Marc Skinner’s side flew up the field minutes after with Ella Toone leading a counter.

And Ann-Katrin Berger almost ran into trouble when she punched a cross into Alessia Russo’s path before the ball bounced off Nikita Parris for a goal kick. 

Most read in Football


Inside ex-Prem stadium that homed TWO teams before bulldozed for flats worth £340m


Terrifying details emerge of raid at Rio Ferdinand and pregnant Kate’s house


Walker to snub interest from Europe giant as his City contract runs down


Ex-England ace banned from pharmacies for using fake pills prescriptions

A pause in play with Melanie Leupolz needing treatment in the ninth minute gave Hayes’ side a chance to the regroup 

However it led to much of the first spell losing its zest before Lauren James’ header prompted a classy save from Mary Earps and Galton blazing over the bar shortly after. 

VAR came into action for the first time in a final in the contest’s history after Niamh Charles’ foul on Nikita Parris near the box. 

But the challenge was penalised with a free-kick much to Parris’ dismay with the action occurring outside the penalty area.

Hayes rang the changes in the second half with Pernille Harder coming on for Jessie Fleming.

And the Denmark ace fired in a low cross for Kerr to bury the goal that secured a third successive FA Cup final win for her side.

Source: Read Full Article