ESPN is pulling out everything it's got at its disposal as sports fans are nearing the two-week mark of a nation-wide drought without any major games on tap during the coronavirus hiatus.
That effort means turning to one of the most defining cultural sports sagas of all-time, as the network will air its Academy Award-winning "30 for 30" documentary on embattled former football star O.J. Simpson this week.
The five part, 10-hour series, "O.J.: Made in America," will launch Tuesday with Part 1 airing at 7 p.m. ET on ESPN and Part 2 at 9 p.m. The film first aired on ESPN and ABC in June 2016 and focused on Simpson's rise to fame as a football star to when he was accused of murdering his ex-wife before subsequent acquittal and ultimate jail sentence for another crime. Wednesday will showcase Parts 3 and 4, and then Thursday will air Part 5.
It's also Peyton Manning's birthday on Tuesday, so cheer up this shutdown sports day with his 10 funniest commercials. "YOU'RE MY FAVORITE ACCOUNTANT!"
Sports re-runs galore
CBS Sports has been airing some of the best March Madness games of all-time to quench sports fans' thirst for college basketball. Tuesday will showcase some of the best from last year's Big Dance. The slate features:
- 10 a.m.: 2019 Elite 8: Michigan State vs. Duke
- 6 p.m.: 2019 Elite 8: Purdue vs. Virginia
- 8 p.m.: 2019 Final Four: Auburn vs. Virginia
- 10 p.m.: 2019 Championship: Texas Tech vs. Virginia
The best of those is the 6 p.m. showing of Purdue vs. Virginia, when the Boilermakers' Carsen Edwards scored 42 points on 10 unreal 3-pointers in the overtime thriller. Mamadi Diakite's game-tying bucket as time expired sent the Cavaliers into overtime where they eventually won to reach the Final Four, ultimately capturing the national title.
On MLB Network, Chicago Cubs fans can settle in for the final three games of their 2016, curse-breaking World Series victory starting at 1 p.m. ET.
THE SHUTDOWN: Latest news on sports’ coronavirus shutdown delivered to you. Sign up here.
CORONAVIRUS: Sports figures who have tested positive
Spots video of the day
Here's that Virginia buzzer-beater for incentive to tune in at 6 p.m. Tuesday night.
Story time! Here are our best
- CUT THAT MEAT!:It's Peyton Manning's birthday! To celebrate, here's his 10 funniest commercials. "YOU'RE MY FAVORITE ACCOUNTANT!"
- HERCULEAN EFFORT: Just what does it take to postpone the Olympics
- WHAT WE KNOW:The latest on the 2020 Olympics
- STILL PLAYING: Country acting like 'no one cares' about coronavirus
- JARRETT BELL: Issues show a a cultural divide between NFL players, coaches
- COWBOYS: Can America's Team recover from big free agency losses?
- CHANGE IN PLANS:How coronavirus upended one Olympic hopeful's plans
Source: Read Full Article