The bank holiday is coming and many will be prepping their online pub quizzes. From geography to literature, there are so many rounds to include and so little time. Express.co.uk is here to help with the best picks for your finish the lyrics round.
Music rounds can be pretty boring when using just normal questions and answers.
However, there are other ways to jazz up the music round and make it a stalwart of the pub quiz.
There is the beat the intros round, which can be performed using actual music clips or, a la Never Mind the Buzzcocks, with the quizmaster attempting to recreate the intros using musical instruments or just themselves.
Another brilliant way to jazz up the music round is with finish the lyrics questions, making sure to use songs which are varying in genre and release date.
Here are our favourite finish the lyrics quiz questions, all of which have bonus points if the name of the artist, song title and year of release can be named meaning each question has four possible points.
1) Finish the lyrics: Libraries gave us power / Then work came and made us free
2) Finish the lyrics: So I’ll start a revolution from my bed / Cause you said the brains I had went to my head / Step outside, summertime’s in bloom
3) Finish the lyrics: You’re like my yo-yo/ That glowed in the dark/
4) Finish the lyrics: At night I wake up with the sheets soaking wet/ And a freight train running through the middle of my head
5) Finish the lyrics: Got a long list of ex-lovers / They’ll tell you I’m insane
6) Finish the lyrics: It’s on America’s tortured brow / That Mickey Mouse has grown up a cow
- 90s music quiz questions and answers: The best 90s music round
7) Finish the lyrics: There she stood in the doorway/I heard the mission bell
8) Finish the lyrics: I don’t wanna talk/ About the things we’ve gone through
9) Finish the lyrics: When I get older losing my hair/ Many years from now
10: Finish the lyrics: Cause all of me loves all of you
- Florian Schneider dead: Kraftwerk founding member dies aged 73
1) What price now for a shallow piece of dignity?
Bonus: Manic Street Preachers, A Design For Life, 1996
2) Stand up beside the fireplace / Take that look from off your face / You ain’t ever gonna burn my heart out
Bonus: Oasis, Don’t Look Back in Anger, 1996
3)What made it special/ Made it dangerous/ So I bury it/ And forget
Bonus: Kate Bush, Cloudbusting, 1984
4) Only you can cool my desire
Bonus: Bruce Springsteen, I’m On Fire, 1984
5) ‘Cause you know I love the players / And you love the game
Bonus: Taylor Swift, Blank Space, 2014
6) Now the workers have struck for fame / ‘Cause Lennon’s on sale again.
Bonus: David Bowie, Life on Mars, 1971 (1973 single)
7) And I was thinking to myself/ This could be Heaven or this could be Hell
Bonus: Eagles, Hotel California, 1976
8) Though it’s hurting me/ Now it’s history
Bonus: ABBA, The Winner Takes it All, 1980
9) Will you still be sending me a Valentine/ Birthday greetings bottle of wine?
Bonus: Beatles, When I’m Sixty Four, 1967
10) Love your curves and all your edges, all your perfect imperfections
Bonus: John Legend, All of Me, 2013
Source: Read Full Article