Transfer news LIVE: Tottenham, Liverpool, Madrid, Man City, Juventus, Everton and all LATEST rumours and gossip – The Sun

TRANSFER NEWS is picking up with the football season on the verge of reaching its rescheduled conclusion.

And the official dates are now in! The window will open on June 27 and close on October. Yes, that's in just 11 DAYS!

Follow all the latest gossip and rumours below…

  • NOT THAT INTER HIM

    Inter Milan are reportedly prepared to sell Marcelo Brozovic to make room for top target N'Golo Kante.

    TuttoMercatoWeb claim the Italian side will use the funds to put their move for the Chelsea man.

    Brozovic has scored three goals and made five assists this season.

    In comparison, Kante has racked up three goals and not yet made any assists.

  • CANT BE SERIOUS

    Leicester and Newcastle have joined the queue of clubs interested in signing Norwich star Todd Cantwell this summer.

    The 22-year-old midfielder has been a rare positive from a dismal season for the relegated Canaries.

    And according to MailOnline, two more clubs have have joined the chase.

    Manchester United, Tottenham, Liverpool and German giants Bayern Munich are all monitoring the England U21 man.

  • MCGINN IT TO WIN IT

    Steve Bruce is planning to strengthen his Newcastle United squad with a move for Aston Villa midfielder John McGinn.

    It would be the second time the pair have linked up after Bruce signed McGinn from Hibernian while in charge of Villa in 2018.

    The Magpies are hoping their pursuit of the Scotland international will be made easier if the Midland side are relegated from the Premier League.

    Manchester United have previously been linked to the 25-year-old but it is thought the return to fitness of Paul Pogba has delayed the need for midfield reinforcements.

  • JUST A LILLE PROBLEM

    Arsenal's pursuit of Jonathan David has hit a serious snag after the Canadian forward stated his desire to join Lille.

    The Ligue 1 side have bid £23million for the Gent man and he has told L'Equipe that he wants to see through the deal.

    David said: “I want to come to Lille.

    “I have had a very good season. For me, my next step, is Ligue 1.

    “And the footballing project at Lille is fantastic. They are a very good team in France.”

  • SMALL CHANGE

    Chris Smalling could join Roma as soon as next week, according to reports.

    A £25m asking price has been a sticking point, but Ed Woodward is now said to have lowered his demands.

    And according to La Roma, that means the defender could join for £14m over the coming seven days.

  • YOU LOVE TO SEE IT

    Iker Casillas is returning to the Bernabeu just over a year since having a heart attack in training.

    The football world was left stunned when the Spaniard was hospitalised after collapsing during a Porto training session.

    Thankfully he managed to make a full recovery – but did not play another game for the Portuguese giants.

    Now, although he has not officially announced his retirement from football, the 39-year-old is returning 'home'.

    Marca reports that he will work as an advisor to club president Florentino Perez – which will come as a surprise to many.

    The pair had a bitter fall-out back in 2015 that led to Casillas leaving the club.

  • WANTED MEN

    Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will give Timothy Fosu-Mensah the chance to earn a long-term contract – with German clubs set to pounce.

    Fosu-Mensah played at left-back in United's 2-0 win over Crystal Palace in midweek.

    The United boss had been chasing Leicester left-back Ben Chilwell.

    But, with the Foxes wanting as much as £60m for the England man, 22-year-old Fosu-Mensah could be the solution.

    He signed a one-year contract extension in April so he could not leave United on a free this summer.

    But if he does not sign a new contract before the end of the summer deadline, he will be sold.

  • JOHN ON THE SPOT

    Paul Merson wants to see Arsenal go for John Stones to shore up their defence this summer.

    The former Gooner believes a whole new spine to the side is necessary with a midfielder and striker on their radar too.

    He wrote in the Star: “They need a centre-back, a central midfielder and another striker. The whole spine of the team really.

    “And I think he might go for John Stones at Manchester City. Pep Guardiola doesn’t seem to trust him, and Arteta has worked with him before.

    “Arsenal need an out and out defender, not another David Luiz who knows how to play the ball out from the back but makes a lot of mistakes.

    “But Stones is English, young enough to improve, and Arteta will know all about him and know he fits into the system.”

  • YOUR LLOS

    Arsenal do not want to lose Dani Ceballos in the summer, Mikel Arteta has said.

    The midfielder is on loan from Real Madrid and there is no pre-agreed fee to make his switch permanent.

    Arteta told reporters: “Well, that’s a conversation that we’re having with the club to see what we can do in the future with him.

    “But I’m really, really happy with his progress and how much he’s improving and giving to the club.

    “I always say as an example, he’s a loan player, but when you see how he celebrates for every goal and the way he trains every day and how much he cares, I’m really happy with him.”

  • FERR GAME

    Manchester City have told Valencia they will not pay a ransom for winger Ferran Torres, according to reports.

    It has put the 20-year-old attacker's dream transfer move in doubt.

    Torres has less than a year on his current Valencia deal.

    Etihad chiefs think they can get him on the cheap, claim Madrid sports newspaper Marca.

    Torres has supposedly already agreed personal terms with City.

    But the wrangling over his transfer fee has put Prem rivals on red alert.

  • ON HIS TODD

    Norwich’s relegation to the Championship is likely to lead to a number of star players leaving.

    According to Daily Mail, Todd Cantwell is a wanted man.

    They say that Leicester and Newcastle are monitoring the young attacking midfielder.

    However Manchester City may arrive with a bid, as long-term admirers of the player.

  • EXCLUSIVE – RAY OF HOPE

    Ray Parlour has urged Arsenal’s money men to back rookie boss Mikel Arteta in the transfer market.

    The 47-year-old told SunSport: “Arteta is the right man to take the club forward and you have to take a gamble to get better players.

    “The problem will be attracting the players. They have to sell the club.

    “Investment will be very important. To get back into the Champions League, which is massive revenue, it probably takes a bit of a gamble. More quality of players.

    “Football is all about money now. To have any chance to break back in the top four you have to spend money.

    “It doesn’t always mean buying really expensive players – it’s about the right recruitment. Look at the positions you need.

    “Your scouting has to come into their own. And they need the right characters.”

  • RUD NOT DO

    Chelsea are reportedly considering signing a new defender this summer amid uncertainty over Antonio Rudiger and Andreas Christensen’s contracts.

    Both centre-backs have two years to run on their current deals but any talks over renewing would come ahead of a huge transfer window for the club.

    According to Goal, negotiations have not yet begun for either Rudiger or Christensen.

    And Chelsea are still weighing up whether to try and sign a fresh defender, as a result.

    With Hakim Ziyech and Timo Werner already in the bag, attention is soon expected to turn to shoring up the defence.

    Declan Rice is the first name on Lampard’s wish list with the West Ham midfielder eyed for a return to defence if he signs.

  • GOOD MORNING FOOTY TRANSFER FANS,

    SunSport can exclusively reveal that the Red Devils are pushing ahead with the signing of Jadon Sancho.United and Borussia Dortmund are close to an agreement for the £100million-rated winger who wants to move to the Premier League and Old Trafford.

    Chelsea have been handed a huge boost after Brendan Rodgers has warned there are no guarantees Ben Chilwell will still be at Leicester City next season.

    He said: “He’s not a player we want to lose. I’m quite relaxed on it. I’m not worried at all.

    “We’ve got a fantastic squad that we want to keep together so I don’t worry.

    “You can spin it whichever way you want. There is no intention to sell Ben Chilwell and there is absolutely no need for us to sell Ben Chilwell.

    “If you want a message, the message is he’s not for sale.”

    Elsewhere, Spurs have handed midfielder Oliver Skipp a new four-year deal.

    The England Under-21 star has made 21 senior appearances for the club since coming through their academy.

    He said: “Being at the club since I was very young, it is nice to extend my contract. Hopefully I can now push on and make more appearances.

    “It shows the manager trusts me and has plans for me going forward. As young player it’s great to learn from him and his tactical knowledge.
    “Working under Jose Mourinho can only be good for me as I look to develop all sides of my game.

    “I am also learning off the other players, just watching what they do before and during matches.”

  • NOT A FAN

    Prem clubs face a further £450m black hole after the Government confirmed next season will start without fans inside grounds.

    The Department of Culture, Media and Sport confirmed a series of “pilot events” with spectators this summer, including the World Snooker Championships and Glorious Goodwood.

    But as SunSport revealed, turnstiles will not be routinely opened until at least October 1.

    That means the first three weekends of the new campaign will be played behind closed doors, costing clubs around £90m between them in lost gate receipts, with Spurs and Manchester United missing out on more than £5 for every match played behind closed doors.

    And even when the gates are opened, clubs understand that they will be allowed a maximum of 25 per cent of capacity inside, with the government confirming that “social distancing restriction” will be in place.

    SunSport also revealed that clubs are set to hold ballots of season ticket holders to determine who is allowed inside.

  • BRITAIN'S GOT TALENT

    SunSport can reveal that Manchester United are pushing ahead with the signing of Jadon Sancho.

    United and Borussia Dortmund are close to an agreement for the £100million-rated winger who wants to move to the Premier League and Old Trafford.

    Ex-Manchester City youth player Sancho, 20, fits Solskjaer’s plans for a young vibrant team going into the future.

  • AL BE OFF

    Thiago Alcantara has reportedly “agreed terms” with Liverpool.

    German publication Bild say Anfield boss Jurgen Klopp has given the thumbs-up to signing the 29-year-old Bayern Munich midfielder.

    But the Premier League champions are only willing to pay £23million for the £36m-rated Spaniard.

  • LEAGUES AHEAD

    Leeds United have been urged to seal two transfers after achieving their return to the Premier League.

    Paul Robinson told Sky Sports: “Consolidation is the right word, they need to stay in the Premier League.

    “Spending has to be sensible and has to be geared to keep the club in the Premier League.

    “They've had a play on loan Ben White from Brighton who has been in my opinion player of the season.

    “Him and Jack Harrison would be key if they could possible retain them.

    “Brighton have gone on record by saying they don't want Ben White to leave and quite rightly so.

    “I'm sure he will have much bigger potential suitors and maybe even Champions League football because he's such a good player.

    “You have to have a budget, you have to spend it wisely and with Marcelo Bielsa at the helm, Leeds United are a different animal in the transfer market.

    “He attracts top players because he is a top player.”

  • FIVE GUYS

    Arsenal will reportedly put five players up for sale to fund their transfer summer plans.

    According to Bleacher Report, the Gunners are keen to guide Alexandre Lacazette, Matteo Guendouzi, Shkodran Mustafi, Mesut Ozil and Ainsley Maitland-Niles towards the exit door before next season.

    Captain Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang's future will also be considered if the club cannot tie him down to a new contract.

  • CALL ME BY YOUR NEYM

    Neymar may have the chance to stretch his total transfer haul should Barcelona succeed in re-signing the Brazil superstar from Paris Saint-Germain.

  • SAINT OR SINNER

    Allan Saint-Maximin has been warned against leaving Newcastle.

    Chris Waddle told the Racing Post: “While you can have too many flair players in a team, I love to see players who do something different and I like Allan Saint-Maximin.

    “He's 23 and his name is starting to be linked with other clubs. I see Manchester United have been mentioned and maybe there's a bit too much agent talk going on, but I don't think now is the time for him to be worrying about that.

    “He could get a move to somewhere like Manchester City and he might have the chance to play in a more advanced position but his chances would be severely limited.

    “That would be pointless. You have to play. I'll say it time and again.

    “What would be the point of starting a couple of FA Cup matches and making 20 appearances as a substitute?

    “He's in a much better place at Newcastle and I would urge him not to make the move too soon.

    “It's fine when you are 36 and you just want to be part of something or you are looking after your bank balance. He's got most of his career ahead of him, so this is no time to waste it on the bench.”

  • FRANK DISCUSSION

    Frank Lampard is remaining tight-lipped about continued spending this summer at Chelsea following links to Jan Oblak and Kai Havertz.

    He said: “We'll see, I can't answer that one we're not there yet.

    “We'll have to focua on what's in front of us.

    “I wouldn't want to compare it to any other spending summer or not.

    “We'll see how I feel and we feel as a club.

    “If the squad needs strengthening or the balancing needs changing, if it does and we make moves great, but at the moment we don't know.”

  • FIRE IT UP

    Christian Eriksen has been told to “show more aggression” if he is to save his Inter Milan career.

    The message came from his manager Antonio Conte, who described the Dane as “too shy”.

    Italian website Sport Meidaset described how Eriksen is one of ELEVEN players who are available for transfer.

    This is despite the 27-year-old only joining from Tottenham in January for £20m.

    Inter would likely be asking for £55m for any potential suitors.

    Now Gazetta is reporting thatConte has urged Eriksen to “eliminate” his shyness and “be more aggressive”.

    Manchester United and Real Madrid were both strongly linked with Eriksen in the January transfer window as he refused Spurs' pleas to extend his contract beyond this summer.

  • LILLE TOO LATE?

    Manchester United have reportedly contacted Victor Osimhen's agent in a late bid to hijack Napoli's move for the Lille striker.

    The Red Devils are one of many European clubs that have been linked with a summer transfer for the 21-year-old Nigerian.

    According to reports in Italy, Serie A giants Napoli were believed to be on the verge of signing him after agreeing a £46million fee with Lille.

    Yet respected journalist Ciro Venerato claimed that United have not given up the race to land Osimhen just yet.

    He told CalcioNapoli24: “A few hours ago Manchester United phoned Osimhen’s new agent to find out if he had signed with Napoli.

    “If an offer from United comes, there would not be many possibilities because they have an economic power superior to that of Napoli.”

  • PLAY IT KOUL

    Man Utd will be on red alert after Napoli reportedly slashed Kalidou Koulibaly's transfer fee.

    The Italian side had originally valued the in-demand defender at £80million.

    But according to the Mirror, Napoli will let him leave this summer for £65million.

    Koulibaly has been heavily linked with a move to the Premier League following his impressive spell in Italy.

    Manchester City are said to be lining up a move for him after their Champions League ban was overturned.

Source: Read Full Article