As coronavirus prevention measures continue to dominate headlines, ITV has today announced its own response to the crisis. While the network’s hit singing contest The Voice has had its semi-final and live final’s cancelled, for the time being, ITV’s hit variety contest Britain’s Got Talent has now been thrown into doubt.
In its official response to the coronavirus crisis, ITV said: “The Voice UK knockouts, which are pre-recorded, will continue to be broadcast this weekend,
“And the Britain’s Got Talent audition shows are due to be broadcast in the next few weeks as planned.
“We have, however, taken the difficult decision to postpone until later this year The Voice UK’s live semi-final and final, which were due on air on the 28th March and 4th April, and are working to replace them in the schedule with some bespoke Voice specials.
“We are also working with our production colleagues to see how we can make the BGT live shows work in an ever-changing situation and we will update on this in due course.”
- ‘Hopefully be back’ Ant and Dec spark fear of coronavirus ending show
Should the series go ahead without its live shows, it would be the first time in its 13 year history to do so.
This would leave Amanda Holden, Alesha Dixon, David Walliams and Simon Cowell judging each act in front of empty seats.
Ant and Dec had also signed up to return to the BGT fray this year.
The presenting duo has also found their flagship Saturday evening show Saturday Night Takeaway affected by the new measures from ITV.
Ant and Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway will still go ahead this weekend but the show will be without one of its key elements: the audience.
The statement from ITV revealed: “With the spread of COVID-19 increasing, inevitably our ability to produce shows is being affected and shows will no longer be recorded with studio audiences.
“For example, Ant & Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway will air this weekend without a live audience for the first time.
“We appreciate the huge efforts, across production, our on-screen talent and commissioning, that have gone into making that happen.”
Piers Morgan snaps at Susanna Reid after Good Morning Britain blunder
Dr Hilary shames use of private labs to bypass COVID-19 test shortage
Piers Morgan forced to self-isolate guest over coronavirus fears
While BGT’s future may be thrown into doubt, Ant and Dec fans will welcome the news that the series will continue this weekend.
Especially after the pair sparked fears they’d be taken off the air because of the covid-19 outbreak last week.
The moment came as the episode drew to a close and Dec stared down the camera to bid viewers farewell.
He said: “We will hopefully be back here next Saturday night at 7pm with Bradley Walsh’s ‘Undercover’.”
Britain’s Got Talent returns to ITV soon.
Source: Read Full Article