RADIO One's Big Weekend has been cancelled due to the coronavirus.
Camila Cabello, Calvin Harris, AJ Tracey and Biffy Clyro had been confirmed as performers to take to the stage in Dundee in May.
Read our coronavirus live blog for the latest news & updates
Radio One released a statement today that read: "It is important that we prioritise the health and safety of all those involved," Radio 1 said in a statement."
Over 7000 people were due to attend the festival that was scheduled to take place in Camperdown Park on Friday 22 to Sunday 24 May 2020.
The news comes after Scotland banned events where over 500 people would attend to stop the spread of the disease.
The statement continued: "After careful consideration it's been decided the festival will not go ahead.
"This decision has been made in conjunction with our event partners, in line with the advice from the Scottish government, and while we know fans looking forward to purchasing tickets will be disappointed, it is important that we prioritise the health and safety of all those involved."
The cancellation marks the first major British festival to be disrupted over coronavirus.
First Minister Nicola Sturgeon said the advice from the Scottish government to cancel events from next was to free up emergency services, including police and ambulance crews, to deal with the superbug outbreak.
However, Boris Johnson has ruled out cancelling public gatherings for now over the coronavirus.
Yesterday, the Prime Minister refused to cancel sporting events to stop the spread of the disease, insisting it could actually make things worse.
And Glastonbury has announced that it will go ahead.
Festival organiser Emily Eavis reassured fans she was doing everything she could to prepare for business as usual amid the coronavirus crisis.
Don't call NHS 111 with mild symptoms – go online
IF you are worried you might have coronavirus DON'T call NHS 111, the Prime Minister said today.
Boris Johnson urged all Brits to visit the NHS 111 website as their first port of call.
If you think your condition is getting worse, seek medical attention quickly and dial 999 in an emergency.
If it's not an emergency, contact NHS 111 online here.
If you have no internet access, you should call NHS 111.
All routine medical and dental appointments should be cancelled while you are sick and staying at home.
Public Health England said it will no longer be testing everyone suspected of having coronavirus.
If you are self-isolating with mild symptoms you won't be tested.
Elderly people warned not to go on cruises
BORIS JOHNSON tonight warned people over 70 with serious medical conditions should avoid taking cruises to protect them from coronavirus.
The new advice is based on guidance from the Chief Medical Officer Chris Whitty, and follows a number of cases around the world of cruise ships experiencing outbreaks on board.
Underlying conditions include diabetes, respiratory disease, asthma, chronic heart, liver or neurological disease, a weakened immune system or any recent or undergoing chemotherapy.
A Foreign Office spokesman said: "The nature and design of cruise ships – where passengers are contained and the virus can spread faster – makes them a particularly risky environment for vulnerable people.”
Brits told to self-isolate for a week if they have a 'mild' cold or a cough
BRITS are being told to do their duty for the country's coronavirus effort and self-isolate for seven days if they have a mild cough or cold.
Anyone with even mild symptoms should not leave home for seven days from when their symptoms start to stop the virus spreading.
People staying at home for seven days should stay at least two metres away from people whenever possible, according to Public Health England's guidelines.
They should also sleep alone – as well as wash their hands regularly for 20 seconds with soap and water.
Whole families could have to self-isolate if ONE has symptoms in future
FAMILIES could soon be told to self-isolate if just ONE of them has coronavirus symptoms, it emerged today.
At the moment Brits who get ill are being told to stay away from the people in their home as best they can – and avoid contact with others.
But in future whole families could have to go into lockdown to stop the spread further, experts said earlier.
That could be for up to a fortnight to make sure that everyone in the family has time for the symptoms to show and to get over the most infectious part of the disease.
However, that is not advice the Government is recommending at the moment – as we are not yet at the peak of the illness.
Writing on Instagram, she said: "So, after much consideration given the current circumstances, and with the best of intentions, here is the first list of musical acts for Glastonbury 2020. "As things stand we are still working hard to deliver our 50th anniversary Festival in June and we are very proud of the bill that we have put together over the last year or so. No one has a crystal ball to see exactly where we will all be 15 weeks from now, but we are keeping our fingers firmly crossed that it will be here at Worthy Farm for the greatest show on Earth!"
Elsewhere, the virus continues to hit sport with the Wales v Scotland Six Nations clash, the Masters golf and Premier League football the latest casualties.
Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta and Chelsea winger Callum Hudson-Odoi have also both tested positive for coronavirus.
However, National League football will carry on this weekend despite the EFL and the Premier League being postponed until April.
Source: Read Full Article