MEGHAN Markle’s half-sister has blasted her and Prince Harry for expecting tax-payer cash to fund the security package for their new life in America.
Samantha Markle, 55, backed President Trump who yesterday said the American public would not pay for their private arrangements.
She also branded the couple “cruel” for leaving Britain during the middle of the coronavirus pandemic and said the move was “disgusting”.
Samantha made the remarks during an interview with The Sun’s Executive Editor Dan Wootton on his talkRADIO Drivetime show yesterday [MONDAY] just hours before Harry and Meghan officially stepped back from their roles as senior royals.
Samantha said: “To make the taxpayer to pay for their security when the world is dying, it’s shocking grandiosity.
“I totally support President Trump, he is remarkable under these circumstances. To say he has blood on his hands is absolutely disgusting.
“The US people should not pay for their security.
“Harry and Meghan don’t seem to care about families or people around them. Their self-preservation is quite disgusting.
“They can throw stones all they want but they are the biggest hypocrites out there now.”
When asked if Meghan had reached out to the family, including her estranged father Thomas, 75, Samantha confirmed she had not.
She added: “It’s a devastating pandemic, the idea of abandoning both families without so much of a phone call is just shocking.
“And now to abandon the British people and Royal family at such a critical time it is almost, it takes me back to the colosseum in Roman times, it just seems so horribly cruel.”
The Sun exclusively revealed on Friday how Meghan and Harry had decided to move from their new life in Canada to Los Angeles.
And Samantha said she believed Meghan had always planned to return to Hollywood, where she found fame on US drama Suits.
Samantha said: “This is evidence is there by fact, she never severed ties with her agent or manager in Los Angeles.”
When quizzed on Meghan and Harry’s decision to employ crisis PR company Sunshine Sachs, who previously worked with Michael Jackson and disgraced film mogul Harvey Weinstein, she added: “I think desperate times call for desperate measures.
“I think this speaks loudly about their position that they need to candy coat everything.”
In a briefing to the press this afternoon Meghan and Harry said they had organised private security arrangements but it’s unknown who is footing the bill.
The pair released a statement just hours later as they prepared to step away from their Royal duties for good.
Part of the statement read: “As we all find the part we are to play in this global shift and changing of habits, we are focusing this new chapter to understand how we can best contribute.
“While you may not see us here, the work continues. Thank you to this community – for the support, the inspiration and the shared commitment to the good in the world. We look forward to reconnecting with you soon. You’ve been great!
“Until then, please take good care of yourselves, and of one another.”
Source: Read Full Article