A MUM who documented her devastating cancer battle in a harrowing photo diary has been told she has beaten the disease.
Company director Ruth Naylor, 32, was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s lymphoma last August and doctors were unsure if she would survive.
But Ruth vowed “dying is not an option” and documented her gruelling treatment online.
And last night she revealed she had beaten it in a video on Instagram. Fighting back tears, she told her 15,000 followers: “So today something awesome happened.
“I took a call from my oncology team and they gave me that thing that I really needed.
“I have the all-clear — no evidence of disease. I’m done.
“No more cancer, no more treatment, no more uncertainty, just a life back.
“To say it feels incredible is an understatement. Thank you.”
The video, posted on Wednesday evening, had been viewed more than 20,000 times by last night.
Alongside it Ruth wrote: “I won and for anyone who tries to contact me tonight, I’m busy… on a dance floor.”
Yesterday she posted a picture of herself laughing, and wrote: “The morning after. Everything hurts apart from my heart — my feet, my head, my face from smiling but my heart is still dancing.”
Soon after her treatment started, Ruth, of Hale, Greater Manchester, said: “On paper, I have it all. A beautiful home we built ourselves, two gorgeous children and a brilliant career.
MOST READ IN NEWS
Andrew shouted at gardener over wrongly-cut trees after being served writ
Boy, 9, becomes 2nd victim killed by storm as woman dies in Scotland
Boy, 17, & man, 21, stabbed to death after vicious brawl outside pub
Six times Andy cozied up to women on nights out as he claims he 'didn't party'
“When I’m in my hospital gown, I’m no different to anyone else. Just another woman desperate not to die. Dying is not an option.”
One well-wisher called mum-of-two Ruth an inspirational lady and said: “Now go out there and enjoy every second, give your kiddies the biggest squeeze.”
NO TIME 2 LOSE: WE’RE FIGHTING FOR FAIR SCREENING FOR ALL BRITS
IMAGINE if a simple test could save more than 4,500 lives every year – and the NHS millions of pounds. Well, it could.
Which is why The Sun has launched the No Time 2 Lose campaign, calling on the Government to lower the bowel cancer screening age from 60 to 50.
It's the UK's 2nd deadliest cancer, claiming 16,000 lives a year, but it CAN be cured – if it's caught early enough.
Fewer than one in ten people survive bowel cancer if it's picked up at stage 4, but detected quickly, more than nine in ten patients will live five years or longer.
That's why The Sun wants to see a simple poo test offered to everyone, every two years, from their 50th birthday.
At the moment, Brits are subject to a postcode lottery, with those living in Scotland screened from 50.
But south of the border in England, and in Wales and Northern Ireland, those tests aren't offered until 60 – resulting in thousands of needless deaths.
Our No Time 2 Lose campaign is calling for:
- the Government to lower the screening age from 60 to 50 – as it is in Scotland
- every Brit to know the five red-flag signs of bowel cancer
Source: Read Full Article