Stepmom accused of murdering Gannon Stauch, 11, ‘slipped out of her handcuffs and attacked a deputy’ – The Sun

LETECIA Stauch, the stepmom who is charged with murdering missing 11-year-old Gannon Stauch, reportedly slipped out of her handcuffs and attacked a deputy.

The alleged attack came when Stauch was being transported from South Carolina to Colorado, where she faces charges.

While in the back of a transport vehicle, Stauch allegedly slipped out of her hadcuffs and attacked a deputy, sources told KKTV.

This reportedly led to her transport being abruptly halted, and to her spending the night in the Kansas Jail before continuing to Colorado.

Stauch then appeared in court via video on Thursday, wearing a black suicide safety smock — which helps prisoners from taking their own lives — and was told of the charges she'll face formally in court next week.

She is being charged with first-degree murder of her 11-year-old stepson, Gannon, who has been missing since January 27.

When contacted by The Sun to confirm the incident, El Paso County police declined to comment.

"Anything that may or may not have happened during the extradition process is part of the investigation into the Gannon Stauch case and we will not be commenting," Seargeant Deborah Mynatt wrote in an email to The Sun.

Gannon's body has not yet been found, but police say they do not believe the young boy is alive.

“As you can see from our arrest, sadly, we do not believe Gannon is alive," a spokesperson said when police announced Stauch's arrest in Myrtle Beach at a press conference Monday.

“This is not the outcome that anybody here wanted.”

CCTV footage from a neighbor's camera just five hours before the boy disappeared allegedly showed Gannon getting into his stepmom's truck, but returning home alone.

Stauch claimed that Gannon walked to a friend's house sometime in the afternoon on January 27, and then went missing.

The accused murderer claimed a "saucer-sized pool of blood" found in Gannon's bedroom was from repetitive nosebleeds he had, and that another spot of blood found in the garage was from an accident when he cut his foot days before he disappeared.

A sock and bloody 2×4 board were also reportedly found in the woods near Douglas County.

Stauch claimed the blood on the board was also from an accident, and that it and the sock could have fallen out of the back of the car, she told CrimeOnline.

The accused stepmom previously claimed that she had been cleared of wrongdgoing by police, and gave a detailed account of how she allegedly spent the last 24 hours with the boy before he disappeared.

Gannon's mom, Landen Hiott, sobbed openly and demanded justice for her son when the charges against Letecia Stauch were announced Monday.

"Never thought I’d be standing here. It’s a nightmare," Landen said as she choked back tears.

"She will pay 100% for this heinous thing she’s done," she added, speaking of the charges Letecia Stauch faces.

"I wanna leave this earth knowing that justice will be served for my little boy."

Stauch appeared to smirk through her entire arraignment hearing in South Carolina on Tuesday before began her extradition journey to Colorado.

She will be officially charged on March 11 in Colorado court.

Source: Read Full Article