‘Wife killer’ Fotis Dulos was set up and his wife’s ‘murderer’ is still out there, says lawyer – The Sun

ALLEGED wife killer Fotis Dulos was set up and his wife's "murderer" is still out there, his lawyer has said.

The lawyer's claims come as a Connecticut judge chose to drop the murder and kidnapping charges against Dulos – who killed himself earlier this year.

The dad-of-five died on January 30 – two days after attempting suicide at his Connecticut home while awaiting trial for the murder of estranged wife Jennifer Dulos.

Attorney Norm Pattis said he knew who Jennifer's killer and insisted his deceased client wasn't guilty, according to the Stamford Advocate.

Pattis told the court: “If the case did go to trial, judge, we would have proceeded under the theory — and we have reason to believe that this theory is, in fact, true — that Ms. Dulos came to a violent end at the hands of a third party unrelated to Mr. Dulos."

According to Pattis, Dulos was captured on video and unknowingly tampered with evidence.

Pattis added: "As to his disposal of certain items in the Hartford-area on the night of her disappearance, he (Fotis Dulos) had left his home at one point that evening and saw a third party known to the participants in the trial standing near a pile of debris in his yard and he panicked and disposed of that debris.

“While he may have had suspicions as to what that debris may have been, he did not knowingly dispose of items that were associated with the investigation.”

He believes someone placed Jennifer's bloody clothing in front of Dulos' home.

Despite suggesting the Connecticut mom's killer is still out there – Pattis didn't disclose who the person was.

Dulos was locked in an acrimonious custody battle with Jennifer, 50, when she disappeared on May 24, 2019.

He was arrested and charged with murder, felony murder, and kidnapping before being released on a $6 million bond.

Dulos was found unresponsive in an exhaust-filled car at his home on January 28 after failing to appear at court for a hearing.

He was rushed to hospital by paramedics and underwent specialist oxygen therapy but died two days later.

In a suicide note, Dulos referred to the case against him as "a story fabricated by the Law Enforcement" and claimed that "the State will not rest until I rot in jail."

He also wrote: "I refuse to spend even an hour more in jail for something I had NOTHING to do with.

Source: Read Full Article