Kitten dies after being thrown from moving car window

Kitten dies after being thrown from moving car window and run over leaving volunteers who rescued him ‘devastated’

  • Terry was flung from a car window onto the A500 in Newcastle-under-Lyme
  • READ MORE: The four pet love languages that reveal if your cat or dog truly adores you

A kitten who was thrown from a car window and then run over, has died.

Five-month-old cat Terry was hurled from the vehicle on the A500 in Newcastle-under-Lyme before being being rescued by passing motorist Theresa Saini and taken to a cat sanctuary where he was cared for by volunteers.

She managed to pull over on the southbound slip-road for Wolstanton Retail Park to rescue the animal.

She had seen  being thrown from a purple car which then failed to stop at the scene. But Terry’s injuries – including multiple leg, pelvis and tail fractures – were too catastrophic and he had to be put to sleep over the weekend.

The decision to end Terry’s suffering has devastated cat rescue volunteers.

Five-month-old kitten Terry (pictured) was thrown from a car window. Despite being rescued, he had to be put to sleep

Animal volunteers said they were devastated that the little cat could not be saved after his horrific ordeal

Betley Cat Rescue volunteer Michelle Whitmore, aged 54, said: ‘We put him to sleep. 

‘His injuries were too severe – the poor little thing. We’re all devastated.

‘We discussed it late on Friday night and we made the decision on Saturday morning. 

‘It happened on Saturday afternoon. He was lying on my knee when it happened, so he wasn’t alone.

‘Complete strangers had fallen in love with him. 

‘People just took him to their hearts. 

‘We had people messaging us asking to adopt him and I told them it was still too early to say if he would survive.

The busy section of the A500 where Terry was thrown from a car window, eventually leading to his death as a result of severe injuries

‘He has been cremated. We don’t know what we are going to do with his ashes.

‘It would be very nice to have some sort of memorial but we do not know what will happen. Everything happened so quickly.’

The incident – which happened between 2.50pm and 3.15pm on Wednesday, October 18 – has been reported to Staffordshire Police and the RSPCA. 

Any witnesses should call the police on 101, quoting incident number 447181023.

A fund-raising appeal set up last week to try to cover the cost of Terry’s treatment has so raised almost £10,000. .

Source: Read Full Article