Tom Cruise lands his film crew new jobs on the set of Rick Astley’s latest music video after they struggled for work Hollywood strikes
Tom Cruise has landed his film crew new jobs on the set of Rick Astley’s new video during the ongoing Hollywood acting strikes.
The Top Gun actor, 61, and his crew have paused on filming the latest Mission Impossible movie, which was originally due to be released next June.
The acting and filming strikes have prevented the filming of a crucial action scene and the release date of MI: Dead Reckoning part two has been postponed.
To keep his film crew in work during the negotiations, Tom has now landed them with temporary jobs producing Rick Astley’s new music video Forever and More.
Tom’s Mission Impossible co-star Simon Pegg is directing the video from Astley’s first album in five years, Are We There Yet?
Never Gonna Let You Down: Tom Cruise has landed his film crew with new jobs on the set of Rick Astley’s new video
On set: Tom’s Mission Impossible co-star Simon Pegg is directing the video from Astley’s first album in five years, Are We There Yet?
A movie insider told The Sun: ‘Tom has worked with a number of them on many films so he wanted to be loyal and help out during tough times.
‘After discussions with Simon and the label, he’s got them all to cross over and work on the video.
‘Rick is delighted about it because they have lofty standards and could produce something extraordinary.’
Tom’s acting troupe joined in the filming which took place on Monday in a secret location in the UK.
‘I bet you’ve always wished that Rick Astley and Simon Pegg would team up and do something rather special. Well, we have!’ said Pegg in a video taken on set.
Dead Reckoning part two is a direct sequel to Part One, which was released earlier this year and stars Tom Cruise as Ethan Hunt as well as Simon Pegg, Vanessa Kirby and Esai Morales.
It comes after it was claimed the ongoing Hollywood actors’ strike could see next year’s movie releases pushed back to 2025.
The three-month SAG-AFTRA strike is continuing on after talks between actors and studios broke down last week, after the writers’ strike recently reached a deal.
New music: The music video for Forever and More was filmed on Monday in a secret location in the UK
And it has now been claimed that 2023 Christmas TV and 2024 movie releases could both be affected by the ongoing strike action due to projects being halted.
Entertainment reporter Stephanie Aly spoke about the actors’ strike during an appearance on BBC Radio 4 on Tuesday, where she addressed the potential delays.
She said the 2023/24 TV season may not be able to be ‘salvaged’ due to talks breaking down and added that Hollywood’s 2023 Christmas schedule could be affected by the action.
Stephanie also claimed that 2024 movie releases could be pushed back to 2025 amid projects being put on hold due to the ongoing strikes, which kicked off in July.
When asked if Christmas television would be affected, she said: ‘Probably yes! There was hope that if they could get the actors back from the strike by the end of this month then we might be able to salvage some of the 2023/2024 television season as well as some upcoming movie releases.
‘But now with the studios walking away from negotiations, it’s looking like we might not be able to salvage any of the television season and 2024 releases may end up being pushed to 2025.’
She also claimed that SAG-AFTRA actors are ‘worried’ that they aren’t seeing as many big Hollywood names ‘fighting loudly for the strike the way that the big name showrunners on the writers’ side did’.
Actors who have been seen out on the picket lines in recent days include Jessica Chastain, Jack Black, Jennifer Coolidge and Edward James Olmos, among others.
Delays: The ongoing Hollywood actors’ strike could see next year’s movie releases pushed back to 2025, it has been claimed (Jessica Chastain is pictured on the picket line in New York)
Source: Read Full Article